Locksmithing/spare key for Saf-D-Posit model 1190

QUESTION: Strange as it might seem, I looked up Saga Int'l Safe webpage and
they recommended Int'l Safe Co. After contacted them, they do not have theses safe keys available.
I know you've have many people asked the same question. Could you recommend where I can find one?
Thank you,
Stan W.

Unfortunately web browsers such as "Google", "Yahoo", etc. have paid promotional sections, which will bring up certain companies when various "key words" are selected.   So it doesn't seem strange at all.
The actual website for Saga Safes is:

The International Safe Company web page is actually for a very small company that works out of a "storage locker" in San Francisco, CA - They are NOT a manufacturer, and based on much of the work that I've seen them perform, I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

The Saga "Saf-D-Posit" safes similar to yours were imports from China in the 1980's and early 1990's.    They are no longer around, and the manufacturer has nothing to do with these older safes any longer.

Unfortunately I don't have my listing of oriental safe key blanks with me, but if you send me an email to remind me, I'll look it up on Monday:

And, yes, we can make or duplicate the keys for these safes.

QUESTION: Aloha Andy,
 Thank you for your quick and positive reply. This is to remind you to search for a blank key for Saf-D-Posit safe Model 1190 Monday.

Hopefully you also sent an email (as requested) to my work email.   I volunteer on this site at home, evenings and weekends.   I don't work on it at work.   If you didn't also send a request to my email address, then I won't see it on Monday.

I didn't see an email from you, but fortunately I remembered about your request.   The key blanks that I have listed for the Saga Saf-D-Posit containers is either a Taylor V61A or an Ilco SY4.    If your local locksmith doesn't have either one of these I would need a copy of your key to duplicate it.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)