Locksmithing/my star round floor safe that I inherited

Question
When I purchased my home I got a star round floor safe  with no combination. Wondering if with the serial number of the safe I could get the combination or is their some other way you no of that I could acquire the combination? The serial number is 170100 and their is no model number available. The year it was installed in my home was Feb. 1978. Im assuming it was new at the time of install. Thats really all the info I have on it. Can you help or lead me in the right direction? Sincere thanks Isaac

Answer
Isaac,

I would be happy to do a factory search for your serial number to see what the original combination was, however you will need to send a request directly to my email.   I have a request form that needs to be filled out, before the factory will look it up.

Send a request to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com       to request the combo search form.

Note:    This will ONLY get you the original combination that the safe was set on, when it left the factory.  If the combination has ever been changed, then the factory will not have a record, and the original combination will not work.

As the locks on these safe doors are AMSEC/Star's manipulation resistive lock, if the combination from the factory does not work, then you only have two other options - 1.  You can test all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations that may be on your lock, or you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open the safe for you.

Best option is to check the factory records first.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)