Locksmithing/2 sided weiser deadbolt removal

Hi Dan,

I have a Falcon double sided deadbolt in my back door, I expect it to be 30 years old or so.  I do not see any small holes for an allan key and I can't seem to remove the plate but I can turn the cover on the inside deadbolt until I'm blue in the face in either direction, and it doesn't come off.  On the inside deadbolt, I do see two coverlets, that I assume have the screws behind them.  I have tried to pry them with a slot screwdriver, but have not had success.  I did not want exert too much pressure. I am at a loss for how to remove the deadbolt and could really use some guidance.  Please and thank you.

It's tought to tell from the inside pic, but it looks like it has the plugs driven into the screw heads.

One way is to take an ice pic and tap the screw around until it comes out enough to grab with small vise grips.

Or drive a small flat screw driver under the plugs until they pop out.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies