Locksmithing/aprox 1901 Taylor safe

Question
QUESTION: unable to lock safe

ANSWER: Hi Al,

Sorry, but my wife broke my crystal ball about the same time she killed my money tree!   LOL

Without "MUCH" more info, I would have no idea why your safe won't lock, though I can make some assumptions:

1.  Something inside the safe, may be keeping the door from closing correctly.
2.  Something may be caught in the door jam, again, keeping it from closing correctly.
3.  Is the bolt work retracted?    If not, is the lock actually unlocked - completely???    If not then the lock MUST be unlocked and fully retracted to allow the bolt work to retract, so the door will close.
4.  Is something inside the safe, blocking one or more of the locking bolts from extending correctly.

Mechanical problems generally require hands on diagnostics and solutions.     My recommendation, if you can't see what is keeping it from operating correctly, will be to have you contact a local safe company to have their trained, professional safe technician, inspect, service and/or repair your safe, returning it to fully operational condition.

Sorry, I can't be of further help, but you haven't given me any pertinent information to work from.

Taylor
Taylor  
Taylor?
Taylor?  
QUESTION: Sorry   Safe is a 1900 +- Taylor used in films refinished but missing a cam to make it lock  I'm in Toronto

ANSWER: Hi Al,

The lock on the safe is either an S&G C60 series or the later model a 6810, with the rotary bolt.

The item missing (pictured) is the lever/bolt assembly NOT the cam (drive wheel).    Are you missing this item, or the drive wheel????

Generally we don't part out locks, we sell complete units, if we have them.    Your other option would be to have the part machined.

but, I will need to know exactly what item you need.

QUESTION: Yes I guess I need lever bolt assembly . What would be price to machine one , and would I be able to set new combination myself ? I have had the safe for quite a while and never locked it but it is a good looking rec room piece
Thanks Allan

Answer
Hi Al,

I will need to know how many wheels in your lock - three or four???    Don't count the drive wheel.

So three wheels plus the drive wheel = a three wheel lock.
four wheels plus the drive wheel = a four wheel lock.

I'll see what pieces and parts I have, and/or try to figure a price to make one up for you.    I've got a small home machine shop, and access to an industrial machine shop next to our store.

Please send me a request email to:    Andy@securitysafeusa.com

So that I can contact you easier, and to remind me to look for the part.    I'm in the field for the next couple days, and by the time I get in, I won't remember this posting.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)