Locksmithing/CSS sg0980046

Question
I own a locksmith in Fayetteville Ga business lic.certificate #5934. I am in need of drill points on chick-fil-A's CSS sg0980046 drop safe

Answer
Hi Tina,

Sorry but for obvious security and liability reasons, other than proper dialing instructions we DO NOT give out ANY opening instructions, especially drill points.

As this is a general purpose forum and not a lock or safe specific site, and more importantly, we have no way of monitoring who can read any given posting, and we also have no way of verifying that you are indeed a locksmith (whether licensed or not), or that you even have authority to work on any given safe, again, we do not give out any opening information other than proper dialing instructions.

My recommendation for you would be to contact the manufacturer directly.    Corporate Safe Specialists "CSS" is now a division of Fire King International.   You can contact them at:

800-457-2424      ask for tech support or customer service.

Note:    If you are not listed as one of their authorized service companies, they may not give you the info you need either.

My next recommendation if they don't give you any info, would be to contact either SAVTA or NSO.    These two organizations WILL require that you are a member of their organization, in order to offer any help, however they are great resources.    If you are not a member, then I would recommend your looking into it if you plan on doing safe work in the future.
NSO (National Safeman's Organization) would be my number 1 recommendation of the two, but both are good.

If you are not trained in safe work, then I would recommend that you sub the work out to a company that does have the training, until you have been able to get trained.    Sub-ing work out is NOT a bad thing and it can double the amount of work that you can offer, WITHOUT adding any extra expenses to your overhead.    If you work out the arrangements in advance you will have a great resource to turn to.    You keep your customer and do the billing and the safe company does the work.    tack on $50 to $100 for your administrative costs above what the safe company charges you.    Basically YOU are making money taking a phone call, and the safe company provides professional services for you.

For instance I had a bank call me up directly today for some service.    I know that this bank has a contract with a company that I sub out to.    We told the bank that we would be more than happy to take care of them.    When I hung up the phone I immediately called the company that has the contract to give them the info.   They gave me a work order, I had one of my service techs on site an hour later - the bank was happy, the company with the contract was exceedingly happy and "WE" still made our money.    We don't cheat our customers or our contractors.   We provide a very professional service at a reasonable rate, that keeps us loaded with plenty of work and happy customers.

Don't necessarily look at your local safe company (if you have one) as competition - look at them as one of YOUR resources.

I don't want this to seem like I'm not interested in helping you, however I hope that you understand the security and liability issues we face, volunteering for an open forum web site like this.    The best that I can do is to point you in some basic directions that may offer you the help you need.

Bottom line is if you are having to go to an open forum to try to get information that you should already have, then you possibly shouldn't be doing the work yet.    Just because you are able to purchase the tools, doesn't mean that you are qualified, and hopefully you aren't charging customers for working on safes that you are actually learning on.    Get the training, join local and national organizations for added support, and then take on the jobs.

Hopefully this is a start to helping you get on the right track - welcome to the safe industry.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)