Locksmithing/problem with a comercial safe it is not locking

Question
i have a business ,we got a safe at an auction (cvs pharmacy) 7 years ago the model is serial# sg 058814 its been working perfect all those years until now it doesnot lock ,we change battery like always because we thought that was the problem but is not still no locking ,it makes the sound like normal but it doesnot lock,any idea what to do????

Answer
There is a plastic nut inside the lock case that may be worn/cross threaded.

If you've had it for 7 years and CVS had it for at least a couple, the lock may just be worn out.

You should contact someone who specializes in safes in your area. Do not just Google them. There are a lot of scam locksmiths on Google that will quote you a low price and raise it once they get there.

SAVTA.org or ALOA.org are good places to start.

Send me your city/state. I may know someone in the area.

DAn

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno