Locksmithing/Schlage & kwikset rekey

Question
New house.  Four doors with locks.  Two are schlage and two are kwikset.  I'd like to rekey but the key I have works in three of these--the two kwiksets and one schlage.  How's that?  And for the fourth door, a schlage, I have no key at all.  Suggestions how to rekey all to one new key, if possible.  Thanks!

Answer
If you are going strictly by the name on the latch on the edge of the door, someone may have replaced that Schlage with a Schlage knock off that takes the Kwikset key.

OR, with that door open, lock it, then try to turn the key in it.

Kwikset keys will not go into true schlage locks unless somebody has replaced the lock cylinder.

I would buy 2 new Schlage locks, take the other 2 Schlage locks to a locksmith and have him set them to the new keys.

Dan  

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno