Locksmithing/broken lock bolt mechanism on a safe

I have recently had a Meilink 10XD s/n 72-9210 safe given to me with a lock bolt handle that will just spin. I have the combination but I suspect that someone tried to force the handle open because a few months ago the safe worked but it has been sitting out in the warehouse where there are people working 24/7. if I have researched this correctly I believe there is a shear screw on the mechanism that has been broke. needless to say but the door is closed and am wondering if a hole can be drilled from the outside to one of the lock pins to push the pin in to active all the pins to open the door when I put the combination in. if so where can I fine the measurements to locate the best pin to do this with?
I am wanting to use the safe after I repair it.
I can send a photo of the safe if that would help.

Hi Mike,

sorry but other than offering the correct dialing sequence for a particular lock,  we do not provide any information about opening safes for obvious security and liability reasons.     This would especially include any drill points.

We have no way of verifying who you are,  and/or your relationship to the safe.

While I do understand your situation,  the best I can offer is to direct you to a local safe company.   Check your local yellow pages under safes & vaults for a local company.   If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you are located ( zip code ) and I'll see who I might know nearby.

Again I'm sorry about this,  but I'm sure you understand why we have this policy.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)