Locksmithing/Cosmo safe TB-3E

Question
We have this old safe and the plastic battery holder has broken and will not hold the 4 batteries needed to operate the safe. We also do not know the combination since the safe came with the old house and the owners are long gone. Can the battery holder be replaced and the combination be reset and can we do this ourselves or will we need a locksmith? Also, is the safe considered fire safe and how much is it worth?
Thanks for your time and response.
Jeff

Answer
Hi Jeff,

parts from the manufacturer are not available.   You might be able to find a replacement battery pack,  or at least something that will work at Radio Shack,  Fry's Electronic,  or some other electronic store.

If the container is open,  then you should be able to reset the code.  If not, then you will need to have it opened.   Cost will be more than it is worth.

Chances of it being fire resistive is slim, I don't believe this company made any fire resistive containers.

Value - save your money and buy a better quality safe.    Oh, yeah, if it's small enough for you to carry away, its also small enough for someone else to carry also, and there for,  NOT a very good safe.

Hope this helps.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)