Locksmithing/National Association wall safe

QUESTION: I have owned my home for 17 years now - in my bedroom closet there is a small (maybe 10-12" long by 5-7" wide) wall safe - here are the details that I'm able to read from it (the serial number plate doesn't have a number on it) - Diebold Safe and Lock; National Association; Canton; Group 12 SPEC M1 - I would really like to open it, it says that it requires 2 keys - any ideas or local guys (Cleveland, Ohio) that could help me would be appreciated. thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Christina. Any chance you could post a pic?

It sounds like the old safe deposit type of safe.

Actually, we're in Cleveland also.

So I'd be happy to quote you on putting it back in service for you.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service.

wall safe picture
wall safe picture  
QUESTION: Hey Dan - thanks for the quick reply.  Here is the picture of the safe, I've found your company website and I will contact you.

Hi Christina. It takes a safe deposit type lock. The locks range in price from $75 to $175 depending on whether you want an original Diebold lock or one from an aftermarket manufacturer.

Trip charge in Cuyahoga county is $65, open and repair is $95 plus parts.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies