Locksmithing/Victor Safe

Hi Andy,

Any ideas about this safe? I got it from my father after he passed away. I think it is empty but would like to get it open just to check. I do not have the combination. He had been telling me to come get it for the last few years because it has my last name on it and I am the last male with this last name in my family. He said it belonged to my great grandfather so it must be really old. My father was born in 1935. My great grandfather owned a general store and when he passed away the store was closed and the safe was passed down. I remember when I was a child I saw my father open it so i know it worked at one time. I remember he turned the dial then kicked it before he opened it. I called a local safe expert and he said he could open it because he had a "list of combinations" from this company. I have been doing research and have found no list available.

Hi David,

your safe is pre-1904.    You didn't provide me with the serial number (which should be stamped in the dial), so I can't narrow down the lock.   Also, how many numbers on the dial???

Sorry the photo included doesn't allow me zoom capability.

As far as some local "safe expert" having a list of combinations", manufacturers NEVER published or released combinations.    I know what listing he is referring to, and it was NOT released by the factory, and I've never found it to work on ANY of these safes I've worked on.

Get me the info that I've requested (photos and serial number) and I'll see what I can come up for dialing instructions for your safe.

Send additional photos directly to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)