Locksmithing/1968 vintage Schlage keyed exterior knob

Hi, I've got a 1968 vintage Schlage entry door knob with locking button (rotates 90 degrees) in the interior knob and keyed cylinder in the exterior.  Being 45 years old, it feels like it is very "gummed-up" & its action is stiff & slow.  I want to remove it, soak it in solvent, graphite dry-lube it and re-install.  
I can get both escutcheons/bezels to un-screw away from the door & can see how gummed-up the internals are.  I've tried using a paper-clip inserted into the small holes to spring a release clip, but to no avail.  

PROBLEM:  I can't figure out how to remove the knobs themselves.

THANX in advance for any assistance or advice you might offer.

Hello Bryce,

This looks like a Grade 1 lock.

In Photo-2 you see the hole in front of the rosette?  Sometimes you have to unscrew that part to find the retainer to release the inside knob.

This might help:

I do not answer Safe or automotive questions. Period. I am knowledgeable in almost every area of Locksmithing. This includes locks, keys, lost keys, residential and commercial lockouts, rekeying, masterkeying, high security locks, access control, electric locks, security cameras and home safety. I have been running an online business since 2004 where I sell all types of lock and security hardware to everyone from apartment renters to business owners to the US government. Before that I started a locksmith service in 1999. I deal with many types of security equipment including high security safe locks, heavy duty padlocks, exit devices, biometric readers, electric strikes, magnetic locks, full surface hinges and I only sell what I personally stand behind 100%. The online business has given me a more in-depth look at the locksmithing industry, helping me to learn more about each and every product that I offer, as well as products I don't have but end up finding for customers to solve any issues they have with security or door hardware.

Please don't submit any automotive or safe questions as these aren't areas that I can help in.

I have been Locksmithing since 1999 and own my own Locksmithing business. I have many years of hands-on experience through the many services I have performed for my customers. I've run my business the way I wanted, treating everyone as I would like to be treated and knowing that any customer could be my last if I didn't perform my locksmithing duties as I had promised.

I have a diploma in Masterkeying, Advanced Locksmithing & Locksmithing from Foley-Belsaw.

US government, colleges, schools, city and state governments, large and small corporations, home owners.