Locksmithing/Reset Combo for Protectall Safe

Protectall Safe Photo
Protectall Safe Photo  

Protectall Safe Photo 2
Protectall Safe Photo  
I just got my hands on a Protectall Safe I am very excited about.  It has a Yale dial.

The door is locked, but open, and there is no way for me get the combo as there have been multiple previous owners and no way to track it down.

I know that there is a panel I can remove from the back of the door, and someone I was talking to said there is a way to reset the combo, or at least figure out the combo by removing the panel on the back and watching the tumbler.

I do not want to take it to a local safe repair specialist.

Can you please explain step by step what I need to do to get this safe usable again?  Thank you!

I have included some picture so you know exactly what model I am working with.

It's a little more detailed than taking off the back panel and looking inside.

If you screw it up and then lock your stuff inside, it will cost you a lot more than what a safe guy would charge to service the lock, check it for problems and set a combination.

I can't distill what you need to know into a few sentences.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies