Locksmithing/saga saf-deposit safe, Model #1145

Question
My moving company missed placed the container I had the combination to the safe secured in when it moved me about 3 yrs ago.  I have been unsuccessful trying to find a web site for Saga.  Is there a way I can crack the combination, or do you have a web site for them?

Answer
Hi John,

While Saga still has a Korean web site, there isn't a US web site for the company, and the importer hasn't been around for about 15 to 20 years, so trying to find the original combination is going to be somewhere between "slim and none"!

As far as "cracking" the combination, you basically have two options - you can test all of the 1,000,000 possible combinations or you can contact a local safe company to have their safe technician open and repair the safe.

Note:   If your moving company lost a container, are they also going to pay to have your combination recovered - if so, then I wouldn't waste time trying to figure it out, simply have it opened and repaired and let them pay the cost.    I'm not sure why you would be willing to do this yourself, if they lost your stuff.

Check your local yellow pages under safes & vaults for a near by company.

As for providing opening instructions - with the exception of a possible dialing sequence for the lock which I would expect to be on your safe, we do not provide any other opening information for obvious security and liability reasons.   I have no way of knowing whether or not you are the actual owner or even have authority to work on the safe.

The lock that I would expect to find on your container should have the following dialing sequence:

4 times left to the first number,
3 times right to the second number,
2 times left to the third number,
1 time right to "0" - stop and turn handle.

If you can't get it open, I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it.   Take it to your local safe company.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)