Locksmithing/Security Wall Safe Co. no combo

Question
Hi, I have seen on postings that someone had mentioned that they had a wall safe with no combination from Security Wall Safe Co , Boston MA.  I have the same type of safe (picture is identical to mine) - this was handed down to me however there is no combination that anyone could find, the safe is old and I would love to use it however I have researched the company with no luck and have no idea how else it could be opened without destroying it.  I do not think that there is anything in it as it doesn't seem to sound it when I move it.  Just looking for suggestions.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Heather,

It doesn't do any good to reference an old posting, as I don't have access to them, and have answered over 12,000 questions over the past few years.    I try to STRICTLY deal with each safe individually, so that any answer that I give you will pertain to YOUR safe.

Now, assuming that you have the same safe that you are referencing, and I'm assuming that it is a hinged round door type wall safe, with a 100 number dial, then you have a couple of options.

1.   You can test all of the 10,000 possible combinations, or
2.   You can have it opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.

The dialing sequence for the lock which I would expect to find on this safe is as follows:

3 times Right to the first number,
2 times Left to the second number,
1 time Right slowly until the dial stops.

Note:   Left is counter clockwise, Right is clockwise.    Do not count the revolutions of the dial, count the individual number as it arrives at the 12 o'clock index mark.
If the dial does not stop during the last sequence, then the combination was not correct.

While you can use the safe, once it has been opened, I would caution you that this safe does not meet ANY current standards for burglary resistance, and it is NOT a fire resistive container.   It should NOT be used for overnight storage of cash, jewelry or valuable documents.

If you still need help, contact a local safe company.   Check your yellow pages under "safes & Vaults" for nearby companies.

Hope this helps.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)