Locksmithing/Winchester Safe Keypad Replacement

Hello, I have a Western Winchester safe. The keypad has come off. Not the lock just the keypad. I can't seem to find out how to get a replacement keypad. Winchester is unhelpful in this matter. The serial number of the safe is 08-007890. If you can tell me where I can find a keypad I would appreciate it or the form to order one.

From what I understand the combination does not need to be changed just the keypad. Winchester mentions a form but the only forms they have on their website are to change the combination not to order a keypad.

Hi Tanya,

Safe manufacturers use a number of different type locks on their safes.    Different lock manufacturers have different key pads, most of which are NOT compatible with other locks, which means that I will need to know WHAT lock you have installed on your safe?????

Without knowing what lock is installed on the safe, I can't recommend where you should go to find a replacement key pad.    I can't even offer to send one to you out of my stock, as I have no idea what you might need.

Manufacturer's serial numbers ONLY help the manufacturer, and ONLY tell them WHAT was on the safe when it left the factory.    Many times distributors will change out locks or other items based on what a customer requests at the time of purchase.    So, even getting the information from the factory, based on your serial number does NOT guarantee that the part would be correct.
Winchester Gun safes, indicates 6 different digital locks, from 4 different lock makers, on their web site.

At this point the best I can offer is for you to send me a photo of your key pad, so that I can try to ID it, and/or get you a new key pad.

Second item, you mention that "the key pad has come off".    Which brings the question to mind, is there an actual problem with the key pad, so you can't reinstall it???    What is the problem that is keeping you from using your key pad???

In general, most key pads are designed to come off, as this is how the batteries are changed out.    Some lock makers, have included small trap doors or trays to remove to gain access to the battery compartment so that you don't have to remove the key pad, but again, we need o ID what you have.

I don't know if you have actually contacted the manufacturer directly or not, but that would be my first recommendation - call them up.   They SHOULD be able to help you over the phone.

Manufacturer is actually:    Granite Security Products
4850 Freeman Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76140
(817) 483-2859

Customer Service/Technical Support Phone Number:
877-948-6723 (877- 9GUNSAFE) or 469-735-4901  
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Central Standard Time - Excluding Holidays

Mailing Address:
Winchester Safes
4801 Esco Drive
Fort Worth, TX  76140

Hope this helps  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)