Locksmithing/our safe

Question
hi
hope you can help we have a kingavon safe 27. we have lost the key and the batteries are dead, have you any idea what we can do. we ve searched the house for the key, but no luck, hope you can help, thank you

Answer
Dave,

Kingavon is not a manufacturer - they were simply a seller of "stuff", similar to K-mart or Wal-Mart in the US.   A lot of import items including a line of "Asian made" safes were relabeled and sold by them.

If you have lost the key to the safe, and the batteries are dead (I don't know why they didn't put them on the outside), then you will need to have a locksmith or safe technician from a local safe company, pick the lock to open the safe for you.

They should be able to make keys for it afterwards, but once its open, you should be able to replace the batteries and reset the combination.

I wish I could give you more info, but as these containers are NOT sold in the US, and are mainly sold throughout the UK, I have no idea who made them originally.

You might check at some of your local outlets that may sell "Kingavon" items (if they are still in business) to see if you can get a contact number for service.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)