Locksmithing/Wall and floor safe

Question
I recently purchased a home with two built in safes. I do not have the combination for either safe and the home was a repo sale.  The first is a wall safe and is a Hercules safe-t-vault iwith no visible serial number. On that one I will call the Meilink company with the numbers you provided to see if they can help me. The second is a floor safe placed in a plastic pipe. There is no name on the safe but a serial number. I have photos of both safes is that would help. I know of no safe dealers in my area. Can you help?  Thanks so much!!!!!!

Answer
Ellen,

I would be happy to assist you as much as possible.

I will need your zip code to see who I can located and/or recommend in your area, that may be able to help you.

As for calling Meilink (800-528-9900), be advised that as they were acquired by FireKing International in the early 1990's, this is not the same company.   They may not keep records dating back much over 10 years, and if you don't have a serial number for your Hercules safe, then they can't help.   The serial number was either stamped into the face of the dial, or on a small tag on the side of the safe next to the upper hinge.   I've seen this tag also located on the front lower edge of the door frame for safes designed to be built into walls.   If you can't find a serial number for this container, then calling them is a waste of your time.

As for the floor safe, I'm assuming from your description that this would be a round door type safe.   The only company still in business that made these safes is AMSEC, they have limited records for their "MAJOR" line, but the majority of the records for the "STAR" safe line.
I would be happy to look at this safe to see if we can ID a manufacturer.

You can only attach two photos to your questions on this site - (sorry not my site, I only volunteer here), or if necessary you can forward the photos directly to me at:   andy@securitysafeusa.com

At present, based on your comments and descriptions, I'm thinking your best bet would be to have a safe technician from a local safe company open them for you.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)