Locksmithing/Yale deadbolt removal

Question
deadbolt
deadbolt  
Hello,

I live in an older house and one door has a Yale deadbolt. We lost the key some time ago and would like to open this door again. I've attached a picture.

Ideally I would like to be able to re-use the lock. Your help is a appreciated.

Yours,

David Stehle

Answer
You will need to remove the screws. It looks as if the door is locked. Let the lock hang on the jam if the door is still locked. Remove the 2 screws that hold the outside lock cylinder in place and take the cylinder out. Take it to your local lock shop and have a key made to fit it. DO NOT rekey it! You want the same key that fits it now to still work it because there is an inside cylinder that is on the same key. Put it all back together and your done. good luck, lock bob.

Locksmithing

Robert L. Webb