Locksmithing/locked safe

Question
Dear Andy,
I have a BIS safe BS-T320.
Recently, my safe stopped opening, intermittently.
I put in *code# and it says MATCH then clicks but does not open.
It opened now and again but now does not open at all!
I did not realise it was on the way out, now all I want is to open it one last time so I can get my stuff out and buy a new safe.
Can you please help me to open it one last time??
Best
Lyndal

Answer
Lyndal

My first recommendation would be to have you change batteries.   If it is indicating "open" or "match", the electronics are working, but there may not be enough power for the mechanical portion of the lock.

If the batteries are inside the safe, there may be an emergency battery port somewhere on the front, and/or there may be an emergency key slot.

If you have neither, and can't change the batteries, then you may need to have it opened by a safe technician.    The only reference company that I have in Australia is:

Ratner Safes
12 Longview Court Thomastown
Victoria 3074 AUSTRALIA
Telephone: 03 9465 7833
Facsimile: 03 9464 0828

If they can't help, they may know of someone closer to you.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)