Locksmithing/missing safe key

Question
We have a saga saf.d.posit wall safe. We have the combination but we lost the key. The lock is marked 07. Is there a way to open the safe when it is closed. We have not closed it yet. Thanks for you time, i'm glad i found you!! Nancy Polak

Answer
Hi Nancy,

If you don't have the key, I would not close the container.

You asked "is there a way to open the safe when it is closed" - the answer is yes, though it will require a safe technician to open it, and the bill could be a couple hundred dollars.

DO NOT close and lock the safe door unless you have the key and the combination, and you know that they will unlock it.

Unfortunately the manufacturer no longer manufacturers these safes, and the importer is no longer in business, which means that if you need a replacement key, you will have to obtain one from a local safe company, who will have to generate a replacement key.   If you don't have a local safe company, I can make a set of keys for you, however I will need the lock sent to me, to ensure that the keys operate correctly.
You can pull the lock off of the safe and send it in to have keys fabricated for it.

Let me know if you need further help.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)