Locksmithing/Moser Electric Combo

Question
I have a GSA safe I bought at an auction and have been using it for about a year now the combination doesn't show any numbers or lightening bolt, for some reason I kept putting the combination in backwards.

It has the gray dial and a generator inside.

What do I do or how long do I have to wait to get the numbers back on the screen, 3 minutes and 4 minutes haven't gotten me any where.

Answer
Patrick,

You can check the number of "current" unsuccessful attempts by dialing:

CHECK # OF UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS
1. Allow lock to power down. (After 40 seconds,
the display will go blank. Wait an additional 2
minutes for full power down.)
2. Dial left until lock is “powered”. If 3 or more
consecutive unsuccessful attempts have
occurred, a lightning bolt along with the two digit
count will be displayed.    Note:   If the count exceeds 99 - the 99 will be displayed.

If you are not getting any display (blank display), then the lock is either NOT powering up (lock failure), or you may have a bad generator.

As far as your "operating it backwards" - sorry there is nothing I can do to fix that.   If you can't operate it correctly, then it will not open.

The lightning bolt indicates operator errors, or incorrect combination.   If you don't have the correct combination, it won't operate.

If you still can't get it to cooperate or unlock, then you will need to either have it checked out by a safe technician who IS familiar with this lock, and/or possibly have the container drilled open.   Sorry, there is nothing in between.   Either it operates correctly, or it will need to be drilled.

sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)