Locksmithing/Old Taylor Safe not opening

Question
We have had a six foot old JJ Taylor safe for many years and never had any issues.  I went to open it about two weeks ago and cannot open it. It has the standard 3 wheel lock but doesn't seem to catch on the last number.  The knob would tighten during dialing in the combination but is fairly loose trying to open it now and absolutely no tension on the last digit. What are the chances something has happened inside that prevents it from catching?  We are not in a major city so will not find anyone to advise or open it.

Answer
Hi Judy

Sorry for the delay in answering this question, I am not sure where you are that you can not be accessed by trades but if you call around you may find someone to service you I know of a safe service tech here in Toronto that travels regularly for 3 and 4 hours to jobs.

Locksmithing

Patrick D. Harrington