Locksmithing/Safe Restoration and Art Work

Question
QUESTION: You mentioned that you know of some companies in NJ that can do safe restoration and art work. Please provide their names and contact info. I know of one company in Ohio (Matt's Antique Safe Restoration), but the cost of shipping a safe round trip from NJ would be cost prohibitive. I see many safes for sale at reasonable prices that are mechanically sound, but are very poor cosmetically. I would like to get some quotes for safe restoration and then purchase a good used safe to restore. Thanks, Jay

ANSWER: Hi Jay,

Yes Matt is a friend of mine.   His work is impeccable, and DEFINITLY worth the cost.

The nearest companies that I know of to you - and they are NOT in New Jersey, are in New York, on Long Island.   I've got two companies for you to check out.

1.  Precision Lock & Safe Inc.
240 Jericho Turnpike,
Floral Park, NY   11001
516-616-0854          Dov & Elaad Israeli
www.precisionlockandsafe.net
precisionsafe@gmail.com

2.  Accusafes
112 Newtown Road
Plainview, NY   11803
516-752-3893          Neal Krazalowski
www.accusafes.com

While Matt would be my first recommendation, I do understand the freight costs.   Precision Lock would be my second recommendation, and Accusafes my third.

Hopefully one of these three companies will be able to help you with your project.

QUESTION: Andy,

Yes, I agree with you. From the pictures on his website, Matt's work is impeccable. I may look into ways of saving on shipping so I can have Matt do the work if I find a safe that would be a good candidate for restoration. Thanks, Jay

Answer
Jay,

Check out the other two companies first.   Elaad also does some really nice work, however he actually runs a safe company so he has other work which may come first.   Similarly Neal does a nice job, but the same thing goes with him, he also has a safe company so restorations tend to take a back seat, but both of them will give you a nice looking safe.

Worst case, spend a little more on the freight and send it to Matt.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)