Locksmithing/Baldwin brass lock won't lock

I have an exterior Baldwin Brass lock.  The interior knob that has the lock that turns wi only turn about a quarter turn and won't lock.  It was an expensive lock and I don't want to replace it unless I absolutely have to.

Hi. Balwin makes a number of different locks. Let's narrow down which one you have.

On the edge of the door, is the plate a couple of inches long or about 7-8 inches long?

When you say "lock" do you mean the deadbolt comes out of the edge of the door or it locks the outside knob.

If you can, a picture would help.

Baldwin builds good locks and are almost always repairable.

How skilled are you? Do you feel comfortable taking it apart or just taking it off the door and having it repaired?

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies