Locksmithing/Baldwin brass lock won't lock

Question
I have an exterior Baldwin Brass lock.  The interior knob that has the lock that turns wi only turn about a quarter turn and won't lock.  It was an expensive lock and I don't want to replace it unless I absolutely have to.

Answer
Hi. Balwin makes a number of different locks. Let's narrow down which one you have.

On the edge of the door, is the plate a couple of inches long or about 7-8 inches long?

When you say "lock" do you mean the deadbolt comes out of the edge of the door or it locks the outside knob.

If you can, a picture would help.

Baldwin builds good locks and are almost always repairable.

How skilled are you? Do you feel comfortable taking it apart or just taking it off the door and having it repaired?

Thanks,
Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno