Locksmithing/changing safe combo

Could you please advise me on how to change the combo of my battery-less Quicklock 2 lock (look like it was made by MAS Hamilton which I believe is now Kaba Mas).  Here is how the dial is set up.

clear button          1   2    3
O (green led light)     4   5    6    7
O (red led right)         8   9    0
enter button

The dial is round are you rapidly turn it left and right to activate lock and then enter 6 digit code.  I tried to call CCS but the lock is out of date (>10 yrs old) and they don't provide any info for it. Any help would be great!  Thanks much

Unfortunately no one keeps copies of instructions for locks which are no longer available.   If you have a lock that is obsolete - the simple answer from everyone, is going to be to change it to a new lock.

That being said, I have four recommendations for you.

1.  Contact Kaba-Mas directly to see if they have the instructions in their archives.   If you have a working (good) combination, you should be able to easily change it.

2.  If they don't have any instructions for the lock, then I would recommend your trying the operating instructions for their "T52" series lock.   Kaba hasn't changed instructions very much over the years, and so the newer models generally operate very similar.

3.  Replace the lock with a newer version.    As with ALL electronics, the shelf life for a new series is generally about 6 months before the next model or change is released.   If you have a lock which is 10+ years old, you need to change it.   Unlike mechanical objects which should be expected to last 10, 20 or 30 years - electronics have a very short life, and are NOT supported by manufacturer's for more than a few years.
If you had a very similar situation with your laptop computer, you wouldn't hesitate to upgrade or change it to a newer version - and possibly the majority of the people I know change cell phones to a newer or the latest model, faster than most people change their underwear.   

4.  If the lock is working and you have a good code - keep using it.   The downside is you may not be able to change the combo, but you also aren't spending money for a new lock.    
This should be a fairly simply decision - either Kaba-Mas has the instructions or they don't - and/or the instructions to the newer lock (T52) will work or they won't.
If they don't have them or the new version doesn't work, you decide to live with the code, or change the lock.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)