Locksmithing/Saga safe

Question
We put in a saga safe when building our house 20 years ago. I have the key but cannot remember the combination. There is a sequence of numbers in the bottom right front of the safe. I have tried to find information on Saga to get the combination back. To no avail. Do you know a source where I can get the combination?or what is the estimate of what it would cost me to have somebody drilled the safe open?ty!

Answer
Linda,

Unless you have a DeLorean that can go back in time in your garage, then you are not going to find out what your combination is.   These were imported safes from China.   The company that imported them is out of business.   Manufacturers NEVER published any info concerning combinations for safes for obvious security and/or liability reasons.

The numbers on the bottom of the safe are probably the serial number - and no they don't have anything to do with the combination.

So currently you basically have two options, you can try all of the possible combinations that the lock may have available, or you can have a safe technician from a local safe company open it for you - problem is that the cost is going to be more than the container is worth.

If you have them come to your house, you could be looking at $350 to $500 to have it opened and the combo recovered.    Opening with no repairs might be slightly cheaper, but not much.

Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for you.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)