Locksmithing/where can I sell a safe

Hi, My father recently passed away and I have his safe. Vanguard VS200. I know the combination and can open it, but I wanted to either have the combination changed or just sell the safe. Without selling it on craigslist, do you know of any other places that I could sell it? Or how much it would be worth. If I can't sell it, is there a way to change the combination?

Once you have it open, the door should lift off. You can then take it to a local locksmith shop and have them change the combination.

It's not a very expensive safe. Replacing it would only be a few hundred dollars.

A safe/locksmith shop would not give you very much for it.

Other than Craigslist, there are the usual suspects: local classifieds, ebay, flyer on the bulletin board at a local store.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies