Locksmithing/where can I sell a safe

Question
safe
safe  
Hi, My father recently passed away and I have his safe. Vanguard VS200. I know the combination and can open it, but I wanted to either have the combination changed or just sell the safe. Without selling it on craigslist, do you know of any other places that I could sell it? Or how much it would be worth. If I can't sell it, is there a way to change the combination?

Thanks

Answer
Once you have it open, the door should lift off. You can then take it to a local locksmith shop and have them change the combination.

It's not a very expensive safe. Replacing it would only be a few hundred dollars.

A safe/locksmith shop would not give you very much for it.

Other than Craigslist, there are the usual suspects: local classifieds, ebay, flyer on the bulletin board at a local store.

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno