Locksmithing/Sentry V260 safe

Hello and Good Day,
I'm having difficulty with opening my Sentry V260, I have replaced my batteries and now it won't let me open it. I currently do not have the owner manual for the factory setting 5 digit key due to throwing it out a long time ago. I also have both keys that came with it. Is it mandatory for the safe to be opened with BOTH key and key pad combination. Please help me in regards to this problem, it's urgent and would hate to ruin a great safe.

Hi Chris,

First off I apologize for laughing raucously, but you used the terms "Sentry" and "great safe" in the same paragraph.
While Sentry does make a "fair" safe which meets minimum fire resistance standards, it has NO burglary protection.    Any safe that only weighs about 25 lbs, has about as much burglary protection as one of my kids piggy banks.

Remember I did apologize first!   :)

You can find the manual by going to:   http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/130/V260_Security_Safe

The safe should have come with two sets of keys, one set which works with the code, and a second set which are override keys, for when you find you in the situation that you are in now.

As far as finding the original code - once you changed it, it is gone.   I don't believe that they have a "reset code" for these containers, which again, is the reason for the override keys.
Note:   the digital manual does not list your code, but it does have instructions for contacting the factory for a factory code.

If you still can't get it open, I would recommend contacting the factory to see what help they can give you in opening it.    800-828-1438

If they can't help, then you may need to have it opened by a safe tech from a local safe company.  

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)