Locksmithing/Victor safe about 40year old

Question
Greetings,
I have one and can open it. I want to change the combination and have the key to do so. It currently opens with the 4L 3R 2L 1R to stop combination. How do I change the current combination and will the 4321 LR sequence remain. If the 4321 sequence remains can I change that also?

Thank you for your time.
Pete

Answer
Hi Pete,

First off, I never recommend combination changing as a DIY project for the same reason that I never recommend using locksmiths for safe work.   Lack of training, knowledge and/or tools can easily result in a really expensive lockout.

Your safe has to be well over 40 years old, as they have NOT been made since 1955 or 56.    So at a  MINIMUM it would be almost 60 years old or older.

Secondly, before I would provide you with any instructions, I have a hold harmless that I need signed.   I will need you to send an email directly to me requesting this form.    Unfortunately we require this for obvious liability issues.

Lastly, I will need to know what lock that is actually installed on the container, so that I can provide you with the appropriate instructions.    Litterally I have hundreds of sets of instructions depending on the lock and/or manufacturer.

If you don't know what model lock you have, then I will need photos of the dial, and the back of the lock.    You may need to remove the back panel on the door to reveal this area.

Once I know what you have, and have the signed form, I can send you instructions for your lock.

Send your request directly to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Your other option would be to have a trained safe technician from a local safe company, check it out and/or reset the combo for you.    If you don't have a local safe company, let me know where you and/or the safe are located (zipcode), and I'll see who I know in your area.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)