Locksmithing/Hermann Safe Company Safe

Hermann Safe Company safe
Hermann Safe Company s  
Hi Andy,
I have just purchased a house in San Francisco that has a large Hermann Safe Company safe.  The previous owner no longer has the combination.  I saw an old comment from you (regarding a small Hermann safe company safe) that these safes can be opened.
Is it also possible to open / figure out the combination from a large safe?  I have attached a picture of the safe.

Hi Doug,

Fortunately you are in my service area, as I cover all of northern California.   We are across the bay from San Francisco in Hayward, so opening the door and servicing it are not a problem.

Actually this is NOT a safe, it appears to be a plate steel vault door, which means that there is probably a walk in room behind the door.

While the Hermann Safe Company was in San Francisco, and they did manufacturer a line of safes, the majority of the items they sold were made by other manufacturers and simply relabeled for advertising purposes.    If you sold a safe or vault door, and if someone saw it, you would want them to know where to come to obtain a similar object or item.

I will probably need to see some better photos of the door, which you can send directly to me at:

You may also want to contact me directly about having the door opened, repaired, combo recovered and made operational.   You can email me, call me directly or come by our shop - though I would call first to make sure that I will be in.    with a service area of about 100,000 square miles, I do spend a lot of time on the road.

Security Safe
1753 Addison Way
Hayward, CA  94544

Hope this helps,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)