Locksmithing/Bathroom door won't unlock from outside with nail hole

Question
Bath door handle
Bath door handle  

Bath door handle
Bath door handle  
Bathroom door won't unlock from outside with nail hole.  I can feel the lever that should release lock when I push nail into the hole but it does not release.  I can  expose the lock by unscrewing the ring next to the handle. But have had no luck  unlocking or removing handle.  Of course the door is closed.   Not sure what brandy here is a closet door near that looks similar that says arrow.

Answer
Hello Don,

Some privacy locks unlock with a small flat tool and once inserted have to be turned to unlock.  Try that next.  If it doesn't work the lock could be broken and you would have to force your way in. Slip an old credit card, library card or ID into the jamb in line with the lock and push it in until it opens.

James

Locksmithing

James