Locksmithing/mortisse lockset

Question
I can not remove the spindle from the door.  I got everything else off but not the spiondle.  The doorknob is off-unscrewed it from the spindle.  How the ........ do you get the spindle off?

Answer
It sounds like this is one that only has the knob on the inside, and a "pitcher" handle on the outside.

If this is the case, the inside spindle actually splits in two.

There is a flat part that slides in, and a hooked part that goes into the mortise lock hub and hooks behind the hub.

Use a small screwdriver to split them and pull on each one with pliers to see which ones comes out.

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno