Locksmithing/mortisse lockset

I can not remove the spindle from the door.  I got everything else off but not the spiondle.  The doorknob is off-unscrewed it from the spindle.  How the ........ do you get the spindle off?

It sounds like this is one that only has the knob on the inside, and a "pitcher" handle on the outside.

If this is the case, the inside spindle actually splits in two.

There is a flat part that slides in, and a hooked part that goes into the mortise lock hub and hooks behind the hub.

Use a small screwdriver to split them and pull on each one with pliers to see which ones comes out.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies