Locksmithing/Mosler Safe

Question
Our company has a 5 drawer single dial Mosler safe.  One of the thumb latches has broken off.  Where can I obtain this part?  I have a person that can repair it if I can provide him with the part.
We are located in the Southern California region, and if necessary we'll pay for a locksmith if he has the part.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Answer
Hi Lara,

Mosler has been out of business since 2001, so new parts are NOT going to be available.   You may have to find another similar container to use for donor parts.    I would suspect that this container is possibly a GSA container based on your description.   If it is, there are plenty of old Mosler GSA containers around to salvage parts off of.

Check with some of the larger safe companies in the Southern California area to see if they have any old Mosler drawers or parts available.

Generally though, we don't keep a lot of parts for this type of equipment, and service companies are not going to be excited about scavenging parts off of one drawer to repair yours.    Usually they will replace the whole drawer head.

Take it in to their shop so that they can take a look at what items you actually need.

While I may have some parts as well, I would need to see exactly what is damaged as well.   This would mean shipping the drawer or drawer head to me for repairs.

Check your local yellow pages to find a safe company in your area.   If you don't have one, I'll need your zipcode to see who I might know in your area.  

Contact them to discuss repairs, but be prepared to either take the drawer to them, or to pay for a service call for them to "take a look at" your container.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)