Locksmithing/saga saf d posit 1100

Question
Hi Terry,

We are trying to open our safe. It is at least 40 years old.
We have the combo and key, but it doesn't seem to be working.
We last opened it about a year ago and have never had problems opening it till now.I believe we are doing the sequence properly. But the key is not turning. My husband even tried to take the bolts off to no avail. Please help. Of course we need a paper in there asap!
Any expertise will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Arlene

Answer
Arlene,

There are only three reasons a safe lock will not operate correctly - in order, they are:

1.  Incorrect dialing sequence, Operator errors,
2.  Incorrect combination, Wrong numbers, or
3.  Mechanical problems.

Chances are you are making a dialing error, but as you didn't provide me with the instructions that you are using, I can figure out what error you might be making.

#1    Verify that you are dialing the combination correctly.   Check this against the original manufacturers instructions.  If you don't have the instructions then I will need to see what instructions you are trying to use.

#2    Verify that the numbers you are using are correct.   If you don't have the original instructions and combination, and you are simply going from memory - then there is a really good chance that the numbers are not correct.

#3    If there is a mechanical problem with the lock, you will need a safe technician from a local safe company to open it for you.

Without more info on your part, this is about as much help as I can provide at this time.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)