Locksmithing/spec F-2-ND safe combination

Question
I have inherited a safe that is inside a wooden cabinet.  The only other numbers I found on it are 4y522185

It was purchased originally at ES Howard Co Oswego New York.

The problem is that there is no trace of a combination for the lock.

It is incredibly heavy and I am unable to move it.  Is there any way of locating the combination?  If not, is there any way of resetting it or in some way making it usable?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Barbara

Answer
Hi Barbara,

Sorry but there is not going to be any records of combinations.    Manufacturer's never published this info for obvious security and liability reasons.

Lets go over the info that you have - which in no way identifies your safe.

ES Howard Company, was a distributor and NOT a manufacturer.

The Safe Manufacturers National Association label (SMNA) that you have information referred from - was a testing agency only, and had nothing to do with the actual manufacturer either.   The tag ONLY indicates the STANDARD that the safe was built to.    In this case you have a specification "F2-ND" which would indicate a "fire resistive FILING CABINET", and NOT a safe.   even though it may have a combination lock, this does NOT make it a safe.

If the container is NOT open, then you would need to have a safe technician from a local safe company open it, and recover or reset the combination for you.   Problem is the cost could easily be more than the container is worth.

As far as making it useable - unfortunately it also does NOT meet ANY current standards for fire resistance, and should NOT be used for any overnight storage of any valuable documents, cash or jewelry.

Sorry, I wish the news was better.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)