Locksmithing/Deadbolt Stuck

Question
My tenant returned her keys in my mailbox and i went to check out the deadbolt.  The key fit.  It seemed sticky so I operated it a couple of times the second time the deadbolt stuck and it seemed the key wouldn't unlock all the way.  I used a set of lineman pliers to unlock it all the way.  The key snapped off.  I am drilling now for 20 minutes and finally peeled off the outer cover.  There are two dimples on the barrel.  Should I just keep drilling or is there an easier way.  There is no back door on the basement apartment and all the windows are locked.

Answer
Hello Daniel,

What brand is the lock?    Is the barrel you refer to the area around where they key goes or another part?  Can you remove the broken key?

If you can provide a photo and/or more information I might be able to help but I have to do it privately since the information I may provide could be a way for someone else to bypass a lock illegally

James

Locksmithing

James