Locksmithing/need some info on a safe that i was left by my husband

Question
safe
safe  

plate from inside safe
plate from inside safe  
My husband passed away not long ago and took any info he had about the safe with him and i have no need for it so i have asked a good friend to scrap it for me, however the scraping co. would like some info about this safe before they will take it. When my husband got it back in 1994 he took apart the lock so it can not be locked or used for it's true purpose so i don't need it in the house . can you tell me anything about it like the make or any thing really i would truly appreciate any thing you could tell me i am sending a pic. of the safe and one of the lock cover i hope it helps you figure this out. i have more pic. of the safe if you need them but it seems that you can only send two with this note I look forward to hearing from you :)  thanks.

Answer
Hi Stephanie,

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, I've been out of the state and just returned.

Your container does NOT appear to be a safe - JUST because it has a combination lock installed does NOT make it a safe.

While it appears to be what we refer to as a cash can, I will need to see better photos of it to determine what you actually have.    Bank "cash cans" are simply storage containers which are mounted inside of a larger safe or vault, which cash or coin is stored in.

In order to answer specific questions, identify, evaluate or appraise your safe, I'm going to need photos.  They should include full exterior and interior.  Detail photos should include pictures of the dial, handles, hinges, artwork, locks, bolt work, castors, cabinetry and any special details or damage.  Note:  You may have to remove the back panel on the door to gain access to the lock & bolt work – I will need these pics.

If you have a particular detail that you have a question about, I will need a photo of it along with your question.

I will also need to see any documentation that you have in regards to your safe.  If your safe has a unique historical perspective, you should be able to document this with letters, newspaper articles or photos, if not it is simply a story and will have no bearing on the value of your safe.

Please use as high a resolution as possible so that I can examine details of your safe.  Pictures which are low resolution, out of focus, or from a distance don’t help when we try to evaluate the container.  Note:  with higher resolution, you may only be able to send 2-4 pictures per email, depending on the size of the file, I have a 12mb limit per email.  If photos are larger than 2mb each, you may only be able to send 2 or 3 photos per email, requiring several emails.

Please don’t send me “cell phone” photos, unless they are very clear and of sufficient resolution.   Also, please don’t use online, internet photo drops as most of these also don’t allow me to easily access the photos for examination.   Send the pics directly to me, while this may be more work for you, it will make my job easier.

Please send all of the requested photos to:  andy@securitysafeusa.com

Note:  As I am in the field several days each week, covering a huge service area, I may not get back to your photos immediately, but I will respond as soon as I get an opportunity.  Due to field work, emails may tend to get backed up which means I may not answer them immediately.  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)