Locksmithing/Older Yale Doorknob Assembly

QUESTION: I have an older (30-40?)Yale push-button exterior doorknob that has been removed due to excessive play in the knob.  Inside the assembly there are numerous plates and springs.  I'm attempting to reassemble the knob to reinstall it and cannot figure out how the multiple plates and springs go back together.  Any advise or parts diagrams available?  I live in an extremely remote area so running to the store (400 miles away) for a new knob is not an option.

ANSWER: Yale made a boatload of different locks over the yearw.

Any chance you could post a pic or two?

If I can ID the model, I should be able to find you a service manual.

Yale Knob Parts
Yale Knob Parts  

Plate/Spring Closeup
Plate/Spring Closeup  
QUESTION: Thank you for the prompt response!  Here are the pics.  I couldn't find any model number on any of it, nor could I find a pic online that closely resembled it.

I have the Yale 5300 lock service manual for levers, which are substantially the same as the knobs.

Try this link:

Or send my your email address and I'll send you the pdf.

It basically shows how all the parts fit together. You should look at the entrance lock version.

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies