Locksmithing/interior lock box

I have a Halls safe & lock co. safe that has been in my family for years. We have the 5 number combination (LRLRL) to outside door and have no problems opening that. The safe has a inside combination lock box that we do not have the combination to. My father was the only one that new it. Since his passing we have not been able to locate a combination on any of his documents. The serial number on the outside handle is 57547. I would appreciate any advice you could give about what we need to do to getting the interior box opened. Is the sequence normally the same on interior lock and outside lock? Can you tell me the age of this safe? I am sending pictures to Andy's email. Thank you for your time.

Unfortunately, the factory is long gone. So the serial number can't help.

Can you post a pic of the inside safe?

Depending on the type of lock, a competent safe tech can either dial it open or drill a small hole (about the size of a pencil eraser) in it and use a scope to determine the combination.

You can find a list of safe techs at SAVTA.org.

This is the Safe and Vault Technicians Association.

Where are you located? I may know someone to recommend.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service

Dan Terrigno

I can answer questions about commercial locks, card access systems, locksmithing except for cars, safes & safe opening, video surveillance and master key systems

35 years as a locksmith, security system designer and installer, trouble shooting and repair of all manner of security related equipment

Associated Locksmiths of America, Safe & Vault Technicians Association

Attended Miami University, Kent State University, continuing education through the Associated Locksmiths of American

Certified Master Locksmith. Certified ALOA instructor.

Numerous Fortune 500 companies, DOD, and other governmental agencies