Locksmithing/Key wont turn

Question
Yesterday I go into my BRINKS Home Security 5059 safe and today the key won't turn after I have successfully entered the code.
Please advise, and thanks in advance.
Sandy Souza

Answer
Hi Sandy,

Chances are the batteries have a low charge - enough to operate the electronics but not the mechanical portion of the safe.

When you enter your code correctly, the electronics energize a solenoid, lifting it out of the way of the bolt work, so that when you turn the key it will retract the bolt work.

If the batteries are low, it appears to operate correctly, however the solenoid isn't energized, and the key cannot retract the bolt work.

"HOPEFULLY", your batteries are located on the outside of the safe.   If they are on the inside and you don't have an emergency battery port, or an override key, then you may need to take it to a local safe company for assistance opening the container.

Check your owner's manual to see what it recommends in a case like this.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)