Locksmithing/Repairing Johsnon Pacific Floor Safe

I'm looking to find a replacement lid for an old Johnson Pacific Cylindrical floor safe. It pre 1976 and has a S&G 6730 lock. The safe in question was found under the stair well during a remodeling project. It had been damaged by the previous owners who tried to force it open by taking a sledge hammer to the dial. Anyway, I got it open by drilling out the bolt. It is in a secure location embedded in a concrete foundation under the stairs and I am interested in repairing it if a replacement lid can be found. Do you have any ideas where I might look for a replacement.

Hi Rickie,

I do have to offer a disclaimer at this point.    My purpose on this site is not to sell parts or items, that being said, If I do have something that someone needs - in most cases, it is for sale.    If I have references for another place for you to buy it, I would offer that info as well, so that you can always get the best price.

In this case however, I don't know of anyone who might have these older JP doors.

I do have a couple replacement doors available.     The complete door with lock and dial is $375 plus any tax and shipping costs.

If you would like, I can send you photos of it, along with necessary measurements, so you know what you are getting.

If you are interested send a request to me directly at:

We accept Visa/MC/Discover & Amer.Exp. cards.

Note:   I will be out of the office on for the rest of this week and Monday of next week, but I'll try to answer your mail as quickly as possible.

Hope this help,

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)