Locksmithing/Commercial Lever Locks

Question
Hi Dan, I am having trouble identifying a commercial lever lock. Can you help me? I think it is a grade 1 lock and it operates with a key from the outside, the inside has a button you can push in and turn to the right 90 degrees. When the button is locked, you can still open by turning key but button stays in the locked position until you manually turn it back and let it pop out by turning the inside lever. The latch is never dead locked even when it is locked. Is this an entry lock? The office lock description sounds similar. The charts that I have read say that entry locks are dead locked when in the locked position.

Answer
Hi Dave. The chart you have should read they are deadlatched not deadlocked.

There is a smaller portion of the latch that does not go into the strike hole.

When the little part is pushed in, the big part will not go in.

It sounds like an Entry or Office function.

No name on the latch?

What keyway is in it?

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno