Locksmithing/IC Core Locks

Question
Hi Dan,
I am working on 2 Best IC core Locks. One is a lever lock and one is a dead bolt on the same door. There is no place to poke the catch in to remove the lever to install a new ic core. I took the lock apart but there seems to be no way to remove it from the back also. And how do you remove the core from the dead bolt? There seems no way to get it out.Will a Schlage IC core fit into the lock after I remove the Best core? Thanks for what ever info you can give me.
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave. You need a "control" key, which is used to remove cores in a Best IC system.

It is usually marked "control" or CK.

You can also pick it to the core removal position.

It takes a little practice and sometimes a special tension wrench but it is do-able.

Replacement cores are not that expensive if you have to drill them out to save the lock.

Hope  this helps.

Dan

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno