Locksmithing/lost combination

Question
We bought a safe at a yard sale and they didn't have the combination. It is an Atlas by Sandusky safe model 5020, serial #C4518. Can you help with this?

Answer
Hi Becky,

I have no idea what a Sandusky Safe is???   There is no manufacturer going by this name, which would indicate that it may be an import, or a relabeled safe.    The serial number may be a Meilink safe, though as you didn't provide any photos, all I can do is to guess at this point.

Without knowing WHO the actual manufacturer is, you have no way of contacting anyone to try to do a records check for the original serial number.

Cost to open the safe will depend on what it actually is, and there is a very good chance that it will cost you more than the safe is worth, so hopefully you didn't pay very much.

If you would like me to look at the safe to see if I can ID a manufacturer for you, I will need photos of the safe.   Close ups and good quality resolution so that I can actually tell what the photos are.

send them to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

Once I get a chance to look at the pics, I'll see what info I have for you.    Also, don't forget to mention in the email WHY you are sending the photos.   By Monday I won't remember this email / posting.

Hope this helps a bit.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)