Locksmithing/Mechanical combination Lock for Automobiles.

Question
Dear James

Is it possible to fixed mechanical combination Locks on the front door of the driver's seat of four Wheeler vehicles viz cars, jeeps, trucks, buses etc?.

Do you feel that it can add Security to the vehicle against thefts?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello  Prashant,

I'm not certain what you mean.

For years there was a steering wheel lock that was a bar locked by a key that prevented the wheel from being turned but those were not a total prevention of vehicle theft.

With the widespread use of transponder systems in vehicles worldwide the theft of vehicles has dropped but there are ways around those systems.

The only other thing I can think of right now is something connected to the vehicle computer that requires a PIN before the vehicle will start but since that's computer run I'm sure it could be bypassed as well.

Anything that is created and utilized on vehicles has a back door and thieves will eventually figure it out and still steal as many as they can get their hands on.

The main issue that needs to be addressed is the major differences between rich and poor. Once we close that gap there will no longer be a need for theft of any kind. The only reason people steal is because they want more. If they already have what they want financially they have no need to take what someone else has.

James

Locksmithing

James