Locksmithing/Sicso safe key blank

I read your post concerning subject safe.  You ask they send a picture to help you id the blank.  Were you able to? I have a customer with a Sisco 1190 but lost the key. So I need the cuts for key code 81544 as well as the blank id. Are there key codes available.  Thanks!

Hi T.A. Green

The Sisco safes came in under a variety of names including Sisco, Honeywell, Brinks and First Alert.

They don't all use the same key locks and I don't have codes or coding for many of them.

Some of these safes used Security Corp pin tumbler keys.    These would be ILCO SY1 to SY8.    As yours appears to be a 5 pin lock, the keys should be SY3, SY5, SY6 or SY8.   Note:  there are actually only 4 key ways, in 4 pin and 5 pin lengths.

The coding may be direct or you may have to subtract one from each number.    I use a Framon so the following measurements are needed

1st cut = .155     (may vary by lock)
Cut to cut = .155  (may vary by lock)
depths:          Alternate depths:
1/6 = .252         .248
2/7 = .228         .2255
3/8 = .205         .203
4/9 = .181         .1805
5/0 = .157         .158

Again as indicated they used a lot of locks not all from the same manufacturer.   Some codes are direct number, some may be minus 1 and some are coded measurements (like Bumil).

Recommendation, using the correct key blank and the impressioning method, verify the spacing measurements above.    Then you can use the depths as guides to find the correct depths for each pin of your lock.

Hope this work for you.    While you can cut them directly based on the above info, I would strongly recommend verifying spacing before wasting time cutting a key.     If you can pick the lock open, then you may also be able to take it apart to get the measurements you need to cut a key.

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)

Safe and Vault related Questions; Antique Safe Repair and Restoration; With over 40 years in the Safe & Vault industry, if I can't answer your question I know where to get the answer. Current Project: Restoration of two Tilton & McFarland safes from the 1860's. Will answer Safe & Vault related questions concerning age, value, restoration, moving, opening & repairing, parts, operation and history. Note: It is not my intention to teach you to open safes or to provide information which may aid in the unlawful opening of a safe. I will not give out drill points or information which I deem inappropriate.

40 years in the Safe & Vault Industry. Service Manager for one of the largest Safe & Vault companies on the West Coast. Graduate of Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing, Safe lock Manipulation and Safe Deposit Lock Courses. Graduate of Locksmith Institute. Certified Instructor for the California Locksmith Association teaching Basic and Advanced Lock Servicing, Basic Safe opening and Repairing. Factory Trained by AMSEC, LORD Safes, LeFebure, Mosler, KabaMas, LaGard and Sargent & Greenleaf

SafeCrackers International and the National Antique Safe Association

Graduate of Locksmith Institute 1972 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Servicing 1974 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Lock Manipulation 1975 Graduate Lockmasters Safe Deposit Lock Servicing 1985 Instructor Certified - California Locksmith Association - 1985 Factory trained by AMSEC, MAJOR, STAR, Johnson-Pacific, Kaba-MAS, Allied-Gary, ISM, Lord, Brown Safe, EXL, Mosler, Diebold.

2009 - 2014 - Listed in AllExperts Top 50 Experts. All Expert Categories - Safes & Security Containers, Locksmithing, Antique Safes. Retired US Army Chief Warrant Officer (CW4), with 39 years of total service. With numerous awards from Vietnam, Desert Storm and Operation Iraqi Freedom. US Navy - 1971-1981 US Army Reserve 1984-2013 US Army Retired

US Secret Service, FBI, BATF, Local Law enforcment agencies, Diebold, Hamilton Pacific, Red Hawk Int., Chubb International, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, El Dorado Savings Bank, many Credit unions and smaller banks. McDonalds, Togos, BurgerKing, TacoBell, Carls Jr. FoodMaxx, SaveMart, Lucky's, Albertson's, Raley's, Safeway, NobHill, Bell Markets, PW Markets. Great America, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, UA Cinemas, and many homeowners and small businesses. Provide warranty service for lock and safe manufactures. Service Area is Northern California (Fresno to Oregon and Western Nevada)