Locksmithing/Sicso safe key blank

Question
I read your post concerning subject safe.  You ask they send a picture to help you id the blank.  Were you able to? I have a customer with a Sisco 1190 but lost the key. So I need the cuts for key code 81544 as well as the blank id. Are there key codes available.  Thanks!

Answer
Hi T.A. Green

The Sisco safes came in under a variety of names including Sisco, Honeywell, Brinks and First Alert.

They don't all use the same key locks and I don't have codes or coding for many of them.

Some of these safes used Security Corp pin tumbler keys.    These would be ILCO SY1 to SY8.    As yours appears to be a 5 pin lock, the keys should be SY3, SY5, SY6 or SY8.   Note:  there are actually only 4 key ways, in 4 pin and 5 pin lengths.

The coding may be direct or you may have to subtract one from each number.    I use a Framon so the following measurements are needed

1st cut = .155     (may vary by lock)
Cut to cut = .155  (may vary by lock)
depths:          Alternate depths:
1/6 = .252         .248
2/7 = .228         .2255
3/8 = .205         .203
4/9 = .181         .1805
5/0 = .157         .158

Again as indicated they used a lot of locks not all from the same manufacturer.   Some codes are direct number, some may be minus 1 and some are coded measurements (like Bumil).

Recommendation, using the correct key blank and the impressioning method, verify the spacing measurements above.    Then you can use the depths as guides to find the correct depths for each pin of your lock.

Hope this work for you.    While you can cut them directly based on the above info, I would strongly recommend verifying spacing before wasting time cutting a key.     If you can pick the lock open, then you may also be able to take it apart to get the measurements you need to cut a key.

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)