Locksmithing/Diebold 177-39 lock

Question
safe
safe  

Cover
Cover  
I have a Diebold 177-39 lock, with the original combination, that i purchased from my employer.  I am trying to change the combination, but i can't find any instructions on how to do it. I also have the Change Key. I also have pictures of the safe. It is a cash drawer safe combo. Any Help would be grateful.

thank you

Answer
Hi Dominic,

The unit that you have is not a cash drawer safe, it is an under-counter storage unit, used by banks and similar companies for temporary storage WHILE the teller is present.   This unit was NOT designed or intended for any type of overnight storage of cash, jewelry or valuable documents, and should not be used as such.

Generally I don't recommend combination changing or lock disassembly as a DIY project for the same reason that I don't recommend using locksmiths for safe lock work.    Lack of training and knowledge can result in a very expensive lockout.

While I don't personally have a problem with you doing the work yourself, I do have to warn you of the danger of not doing it correctly, but it is up to you to decide if you want to try it yourself.    Obviously in today's society where many individuals simply don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and want to hold others responsible, we are forced to have you sign a hold-harmless form in order to release these instructions.   As you already have the tool, there is no charge for the instructions.

Note:   It is not our intention, nor do I have the time to train you on the lock operation or lock servicing.   While the instructions are pretty self explanatory, if you don't understand them or make a mistake, then I would recommend you simply have a local safe company reset the combination for you.   This would ensure proper lock operation and that you understand the dialing sequence for this lock.

However, you will need to send an email request directly to me, stating the nature of your request as I won't remember it by tomorrow - LOL!

Send the request for the instructions directly to me at:    andy@securitysafeusa.com

I'll send you the form to sign, and once I receive it back, I will forward the instructions for your lock.

hope this helps,  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)