Locksmithing/Meilink Safe...lost combo

Question
Meilink Safe
Meilink Safe  
Any help is desperately welcome.
I have attached an image of the safe. It is a fireproof wall mount safe.  Bought it over 10 years ago, never did anything with it. Remodeling the basement and decided to mount it and hopefully get some use out of it, if I can open it.  Forgot the combination, can't even begin o guess what it was.  Set it after bring it home, then put it away, until now.  There is no model number or identifying numbers anywhere on the outside other than the serial number.

Answer
Hi Vin,

My recommendation would be for you to contact the factory to see what records they have listed for your safe.   You WILL need the serial number of the safe to get any help.

Meilink was acquired by FireKing International in the 1990's.    I'm not sure how many years their records go back, but it would be in your best interest to contact them.

They will have some "hoops" that you will have to go through before they will recover your info.   If you don't have an original proof of purchase for the safe, you will need to have certified affidavit proving that you own the safe.    

You can make your service request by going to the following URL and filling out the info items.    FireKing will contact you to let you know what documents they will need and/or if there is a service / admin fee for performing the record search.
http://www.fireking.com/services/online-service-requests

or you can call them directly at:

800-457-2424

And request customer service.   They may direct you to a local safe company to process the request.

Note:   If they still have the original combination records, that your safe left the factory set on, these numbers will ONLY work if the combination for the safe has never been changed.   The lock installed has a potential of 1,000,000 test combinations.    The factory combo for that safe is a unique combination, but its ONLY good IF it has never been changed.

If this doesn't work, and/or if the factory doesn't have any info - or won't help you, then you still have two options.

#1 - you can test dial all of the possible combinations.    If you remember any of the numbers, this would significantly cut down the test numbers.
#2 - you can have the safe opened by a safe technician from a local safe company.   Check your local yellow pages under "safes & vaults" for nearby companies.

Hope this helps, good luck with FireKing International!  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)