Locksmithing/combination

Question
THERE IS A OLDER MOSLER SAFE WHERE I AM WORKING AT IT WAS OPEN I SNAPPED A FEW PICS OF THE SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE INSIDE OF THE LARGE DOOR AND THE SMALLER DOOR IN THE SAFE BEFORE I CLOSED IT. AFTER I CLOSED THE DOOR I REALIZED THAT THERE IS NOT A COMBINATION ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND. IS THERE A WAY TO GET THE COMBINATION FOR THE SAFE FROM THE SERIAL NUMBERS THAT ARE ON THE TAGS INSIDE OF THE SAFE?

Answer
Hi Sam. Mosler has been out of business for quite a while. The serial numbers on commercial safes such as Mosler would only refer to the factory original combination.

It was policy at Mosler to change the combination to the customer's numbers when it was delivered.

So the serial numbers will not help.

Do not hire someone to open it who says he thinks he can or charges by the hour.

A knowledgeable safe tech will know from your pics what to charge for an opening.

You can start looking for techs at SAVTA.org or ALOA.org.

Don't waste time on stethoscopes, etc. That's all movie stuff.

Dan Terrigno
American Safe & Vault Service
Cleveland, OH

Locksmithing

Dan Terrigno